The Ikea Antilop high chair goes back to basics and presents a sleek, simple design focused on functionality. This is great for parents who do not want all the extra frills and features that come with other more expensive high chairs. The advisable weight limit for this high chair is 40 pounds.
The chair is easy to put together and goes with the rest of your house furniture, unlike other colourful options that tend to stick out a bit. Enjoy mealtimes with your baby and if he or she is a messy eater, you can just wipe the seat clean. No hassle of scrubbing and washing seat covers.
Ikea Antilop High Chair Features
Here are some of the features and benefits of the Antilop high chair.
Simple Elegant Design
The chair looks really simple but security has not been sacrificed for the sake of simplicity. A safety belt is included in the Ikea Antilop high chair.
The product, like most Ikea furniture, requires assembly. This isn’t much of a hassle, as there are very few parts and the directions are succinct.
No slouching or Getting Lazy
Your baby will have good posture in this chair, as there will be no slouching or resting during meals.
Easy to Transport and Store
Just as it is easy to put together, the Ikea Antilop high chair is also a breeze to take apart. This makes it convenient for when you and your family go on a trip or vacation and need to take the Ikea high chair with you. This also means that it doesn’t take up much room when you need to store it away.
No Fabric, No Problem
If your child is a bit of a messy eater and you have to spend longer on cleaning up the aftermath than you do actually feeding the baby, then you’ll be happy to know that the chairs basic design and lack of fabric or pads means one less chore for you. Simply wipe the chair with soapy water and you’re good to go for another day.
Wipe clean with a soapy solution.
Ikea High Chair Weight Limit
The Ikea Antilop high chair can support a baby of up to 40 pounds
Materials Used in the Making
The Ikea high chair is made of plastic and has metal legs with plastic pegs at the bottom
Unique, Modern Design and Functionality
The Antilop high chair has a simple design and serves the purpose just fine. Great for parents who want a more affordable high chair option for their little one that does the job just fine.
Antilop High Chair Review
Ikea Antilop High Chair Pros and Cons
To help you form an unbiased opinion about the chair, we’re doing to look at the Antilop high chair’s pros and cons, so that you can make an informed decision and don’t suffer from buyer’s remorse
- Simple, elegant, modern design that mostly suits and goes with the rest of your home furniture and décor.
- Manufactured using durable plastic that won’t stain from pigment-heavy foods.
- Easy to clean especially because there are no nooks and crannies for the food to get stuck in.
- Thanks to the safety belt and the slightly angled positioning of the legs, the chair remains perfectly secure and stable even when faced with babies who cannot sit still.
- Has a 3-point seat belt.
- The chair design is minimalist. It takes up very little space and doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb
- The Ikea high chair brings up the baby to adult level while sitting and makes mealtimes easier and more fun.
- Great features for an affordable price
- The food tray is very difficult to take off when you need to clean the chair
- Since the Ikea high chair tray is not adjustable, it doesn’t seem to work for younger babies because there is a wide gap between the baby and the tray. It doesn’t work with slightly bigger babies either because then the baby is squeezed in too tight.
- Babies can get a little annoyed because there is no foot support on the Ikea high chair
The Ikea high chair is for minimalist parents who like products that get the job done and don’t clutter the area. This piece of baby furniture, thanks to its sleek and modern design, blends well with most house interiors. The lack of fabric and pads means that it is a breeze to clean. Are you still not sure about what you should get? Check out some of our best high chair reviews for more information.
The price is also a great selling point for the chair. It is one of the more affordable options on the market but doesn’t trade off anything when it comes to product functionality.