Need to wipe your baby’s butt?
Baby wipes for the win.
Need to remove your makeup after a long, tiring day at work?
Baby wipes to the rescue.
Dropped food on your shirt but can’t seem to find a napkin?
No problem, you have your baby wipes.
Baby wipes are no longer just a baby product. Mothers have found them to be a useful product for so many of their needs that they can no longer do without them. They have become a part of their life that is here to stay and for good reason – it helps them out with so many things. But most importantly, until you get to the stage where you can potty train your kids and have them take care of their own business, you need an endless supply of wipes and diapers. So without further ado, let’s take a look at the best baby wipes that are available today and what exactly they offer you.
But before we do that, let’s take a look at some of the things you need to consider when choosing baby wipes that suit your child.
It is important that anything that comes in touch with your baby’s skin is soft to touch and gentle on their even gentler body. It, thus, becomes essential that the baby wipes you use to wipe your baby’s bottom are as soft as possible so that they remain at ease and do not experience any sort of discomfort during the process which is going to take place multiple times on any given day.
- Suitability for Sensitive Skin
Because babies have to wear diapers all day long, they often develop rashes, redness, and soreness among things. There are many ways to avoid these problems and one of them is the use of the right kind of baby wipes for their skin. As we mentioned above, a product that comes in direct contact with your little one’s body has to be gentle on the skin. So always go for natural wipes with the least amount of chemicals. It is important to note here that what works for every other parent out there is not bound to work for you too – you have to choose the product that is best for your unique needs and your particular baby’s skin.
You need to absolutely sure that the wipes you choose for your baby contain no irritants, fragrances or any other chemicals or components that can be harmful for your child in any way. This is essential if you want to ensure that your baby’s skin remains as healthy as possible. So remember, always go for the best non-toxic baby wipes.
Needless to say, bigger wipes will obviously do a much better job than smaller ones. They will keep your hands clean and you will also need fewer wipes in one go to get the job done.
Similar to how the size of the baby wipe matters, the thickness is just as important. Why? First of all, wipes that are too thin will often tear apart in your hand, creating a mess you don’t want to clean. Secondly, a thicker wipe is easier to handle and makes sure that whatever you are cleaning doesn’t get through to your hands. Again, you will need fewer wipes if they are thicker and sturdier.
Biodegradable wipes are becoming more and more common, although there are many brands who are still to make the switch. Why is it important for your baby wipes to be biodegradable? You are going to use thousands of wipes in your lifetime – you want to know that the ones you are disposing of aren’t causing damage to the already hurting environment. This is why plant-based materials are the best when it comes to baby wipes. On top of that, there are some companies that even use environment-friendly practices when it comes to the manufacturing process (we will talk more about which ones below), so that is another plus when it comes to choosing the brand for you.
Non-perfumed products are the best for one’s skin, especially when it is the little love of your life we are talking about. So going for one that has a fragrance is an absolute no. However, some natural wipes tend to develop an odour that is unpleasant and puts people off using them. Avoid these at all costs.
These were some of the things you have to be mindful of when choosing the best baby wipes for babies. But before we dive into the details of each of the baby wipes in the list, we want to answer one question that ALL parents have:
Can we flush the baby wipes down the toilet after we used them?
Some brands that create biodegradable wipes from plant-based materials claim that you can flush them down the toilet. However, if you ask us, it is always recommended that you don’t flush them and instead, you throw them out with the rest of your trash. After all, it is better to be safe than sorry – you don’t want to have to deal with a clogged toilet, a problem you could have easily avoided!
[table id=17 /]
10 Best Baby Wipes of 2019
Purified Water, Olus Oil, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Polyglyceryl-2-Dipolyhydroxysterate, Glyceryl Oleate, Dicaprylyl Cabonate, Sympytum Officinale(Comfrey) Extract, Olea Euopea Fruit(Olive) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, and Potassium Sorbate
- These baby wipes have a hypoallergenic, plant-based formula that makes it ideal for babies with sensitive skin – which is all babies basically. So you don’t have to worry about rashes and irritation that will make your baby uncomfortable.
- Babies often have an array of different skin types. This includes skin that is sensitive and prone to rashes, allergies, redness, reactions, eczema and much more. This product is suitable for all of them.
- The product also contains plant-derived vitamins A, B-Complex, and D, which make sure that that the baby’s skin remains nourished and protected.
- When buying a product that will come in direct contact with your little one’s skin, you have to make sure it contains no harmful chemicals or materials. These baby wipes give you ease of mind as they are free from alcohol, chlorine, phthalates, formaldehyde carriers, parabens, phenols, quaternary ammonium compounds, SLS, lanolin, and most common allergens.
- The baby wipes are unscented and safe.
- The wipes are large in size, thick, flexible, and sport a unique surface so that one wipe is usually enough.
- Because they are organic, these wipes aren’t harmful to the environment so you can dispose of them without any guilt. They are also made in the U.S. in a wind-powered factory which further proves that the brand cares about the environment.
- The wipes sport 100% Hydro Pure water as a base.
- This product is USDA-certified.
- Organic and safe your baby.
- Free from toxic components.
- Not at all bad for the environment.
- Good for all types of sensitive and problematic skin types.
- On the more expensive side.
- The packaging could use a little more work.
Organic, soft, sensitive, and large, these are some of the best sensitive baby wipes for your child overall. However, they do fall toward the more expensive end of the price spectrum.
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Peucedanum Ostruthium (Masterwort) Leaf Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Silver Citrate
- These wipes, classed as some of the best hypoallergenic baby wipes, use hygiene-grade cloth that is formulated using a plant-based material and, hence, are organic. This means that they are safe for your baby while also not causing harm to the environment when they are thrown in the trash.
- The wipes have a very gentle formula which makes them suitable for all kinds of skin, however sensitive. This ensures that your baby’s bottom always remains healthy.
- This product contains a botanical blend of pomegranate, chamomile, cucumber, and masterwort leaf for a natural experience that leaves the baby and you refreshed and energised.
- Ultra-thick and strong, you don’t have to worry about getting your hands dirty or tearing the wipe in half while cleaning your baby – it is as durable as it gets. They are also large in size, which means you don’t need tonnes of wipes every time you change your little one’s diaper.
- The wipes are embossed & interlocked, which allow for ultra-softness, as well as pop-up dispensing that makes them very easy to use.
- The wipes are not scented. Fragrances can often be bad for the skin and so this product does not use them.
- The manufacturing procedure does not involve chlorine processing, which means that the wipes are super safe for your baby.
- The product is free from alcohol, parabens, phthalates, phenols, lanolin, SLS, formaldehyde donors, and quaternary ammonium compounds.
- Some of the best baby wipes for sensitive skin.
- Large in size.
- Safe for the environment.
- A little on the expensive side.
Water, cocamidopropyl pg-dimonium chloride phosphate (plant-based cleaning agent), citric acid (plant-derived pH adjuster), quillaja saponaria wood extract (plant-derived cleaning agent), aloe barbadensis leaf extract (plant-derived skin conditioner), tocopheryl acetate (synthetic skin softener), sodium benzoate (synthetic preservative).
- These wipes have been crafted keeping your baby’s sensitive skin in mind. They are easy on the skin and do not cause any sort of discomfort.
- Because they are hypoallergenic, these wipes have been clinically proven to be gentle on the little one’s delicate skin.
- The wipes are free from alcohol, parabens, and all other kinds of harmful substances that can cause irritation, redness, soreness, rash and so on. Some of the best baby wipes for diaper rash, they make sure that your baby remains protected and comfortable at all times.
- These baby wipes have not been perfumed for the same reason – the manufacturers don’t want the product to be harsh on the soft skin of your baby.
- The product is thick & soft, making it suitable for all kinds of clean-ups. Unlike thin wipes, they do not tear apart easily. On top of that, they don’t allow penetration of substances through to the other side, making them ideal for use in every way.
- Because they are made keeping sensitive skin in mind they are not just safe for your baby’s bottom, they are also some of the best baby wipes for their face and hands.
- With an easy-dispensing flip top lid, you don’t have to worry about getting them out of the pack – you can get some loose with just one hand.
- The product is not biodegradable.
- Good for sensitive skin.
- Some of the best baby wipes without chemicals such as alcohol and perfume.
- Thick and moderately sized.
- Some users have complained of a lowered quality.
- Some parents have also noticed a rash resulting from their use.
While some parents have had some complaints with this product that have been mentioned above, others have found the wipes to be a godsend. Thick, large, strong, and free from all sorts of harmful chemicals, they are good for your baby’s sensitive skin.
Polyester, Viscose & Polypropylene, Purified Water, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Disodium Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate.
- Made with pharmaceutical-grade purified water, these wipes have the highest quality you could want when it comes to products that come into contact with your baby’s skin. This highly clean water makes up 97.9% of the liquid found in the wipes, making sure your baby remains protected.
- Ultra-soft yet durable, these wipes ensure that your baby remains happy and comfortable during nappy changing time, while also ensuring that you remain at ease and don’t have to deal with a massive mess multiple times a day.
- The wipes do not contain any dye or alcohol, both of which can be harmful and irritating for your child.
- The wipes use aloe which is great for the skin and has a moisturising ability better than most other natural substances you could come across.
- No artificial scent has been added to the product.
- The product does not contain parabens, methylisothiazolinone or MIT, phthalates, bronopol, or dyes of any sort to make sure your child is protected from all sorts of chemicals.
- A zero-landfill plant is where the wipes are produced, which helps you feel better as you know the environment wasn’t harmed during their making. The plastic lid on the packaging is also recyclable, which further adds to the satisfaction of using the product.
- Did you ever think it was possible to track the specific ingredients, date and place of manufacture, date of delivery, and expiry date for each packet of a particular product? With these wipes, it is! All you need to do is to scan the QR code given on the pack and you can get access to all these details.
- Free from harmful substances.
- Great for sensitive skin.
- Transparency – find out all the details by scanning the QR code.
- Some parents find the wipes to be too dry.
- Thinner than other wipes.
If you are looking for a cost-effective way to wipe your little one’s bum clean, these wipes may just be the way to go. Free from harmful substances and great for sensitive skin, they are a steal.
Purified Water, Phenoxyethanol, Decyl Glucoside, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, *Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, *Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Glycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract.
- These Kirkland Premium Baby Wipes are made of 100% renewable and biodegradable Tencel fibres. The brand claims that when you are done, you can just flush them down the toilet.
- One of the properties of Tencel is that it is antibacterial which keeps your baby protected at all times.
- Sensitive skin is a concern for most parents. Tencel is soft, which means that it isn’t at all harsh on your baby’s skin so they remain comfortable.
- Super-soft yet extremely strong, these wipes keep you and the baby happy as they are soothing on the baby’s skin, all the while doing their job without tearing up in your hands. They are also very absorbent, something that is essential when it comes to wiping your baby clean.
- Much bigger than most other wipes, they provide ease of use.
- They contain Vitamin E which is very gentle and helps your baby’s skin stay nourished.
- Like all baby products that are actually good for your child, these wipes are also free from all kinds of harmful substances such as alcohol, added scents, and so on.
- Tencel is certified through the International Forest Stewardship Council. This allows you to feel at ease when using the product as you know you’re playing your role in protecting the environment as you use this product.
- Baby wipes should always be accessible with one hand. And these ones are! With a flip-top lid that makes it easier for you to get one out, you can remain at ease.
- They can be used anywhere on your baby’s body – so you can clean up any kind of a mess.
- Soft yet durable, ensuring both parent and child remain happy.
- Help protect the environment, contributing to a feel-good factor.
- Affordable for parents.
- Contains some artificial preservatives.
- Sometimes hard to get out of the container.
While these wipes offer some of the best features at an affordable rate, they do contain some compounds that may cause rashes or skin-related discomfort so you need to be wary of that before you make the choice of buying them.
Purified water, citris grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, and benzalkonium chloride (trace amount).
- Made of 99.9% purified water and a drop of fruit extract, these are some of the best baby wipes (natural) available today.
- The fruit extract gives the wipes a pleasant scent that is refreshing at the same time.
- The manufacturer prides itself on the wipes being some of the purest wipes that are available, a suitable alternative to cotton wool and water – the best baby wipes for newborns.
- Because they do not contain harsh additives, they are suitable for all kinds of sensitive skin.
- The product is vegan and cruelty-free.
- The product does not contain any artificial fragrances which can be known to cause irritation on your baby’s skin.
- These wipes are free from alcohol which can cause irritation on the skin.
- The wipe has been awarded the National Eczema Association of America Seal of Acceptance so it is safe for your baby’s skin.
- The product is suitable for a number of uses, including weaning, teething, cleaning your baby’s hands and face, as well as taking care of the sensitive skin of adults or elderly individuals.
- The wipes are not biodegradable so you cannot flush them.
- The product is cruelty-free – you can feel good while using it.
- Mostly good for sensitive skin so your baby remains happy.
- Affordable for most parents.
- One of the best baby wipes for adults.
- Not biodegradable, which means they cannot be flushed.
- There are some chemicals in the wipes so they may cause irritation.
- Hard to pull out the wipes.
While many people used to vouch for these wipes in the past, many people are now turning away from them, complaining of a drop in quality and a reduced value for money. For other people, it works well, so it is a good product overall, even if not as great as it used to be in the past.
Water, citric acid, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, sodium citrate, sorbitan caprylate, sodium benzoate, disodium EDTA.
- These wipes comprise of 99% pure water. This leaves very little room for anything impure or harmful for your child.
- The remaining 1% of the baby wipes’ ingredients comprise of gentle cleansers that have been dermatologically tested. These have two main purposes: 1. They help maintain the pH balance of the child’s skin and 2. They stay fresh as time goes by.
- These wipes are free from parabens, dyes, fragrances, and ethanol or drying alcohol. This means it does not cause irritation on your baby’s skin.
- The product is very soft and ensures a very gentle touch on the body because it has been made using a touch of premium cotton. So diaper changing time does not have to be uncomfortable anymore.
- The wipes come in an easy pull-out packaging which ensures that you can get some free with one hand while keeping your baby still with the other.
- These wipes are affordable.
- Great packaging that makes them easy to use.
- Soft to touch, meaning your child’s skin remains protected.
- They contain some irritants that can cause issues with sensitive skin.
- Thinner than some variants which can be a no-no for parents.
These wipes have been found to work great for most parents and provide value for many, as well as a great experience. Natural for the most part, they may cause problems for babies with very sensitive skin.
Water, citric acid, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, sodium citrate, sorbitan caprylate, sodium benzoate, disodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 dimethicone, caprylic/capric triglyceride, xanthan gum.
- These baby wipes, as they claim in their name, are perfect for babies with sensitive skin. They are proven mild and hypoallergenic, making sure your baby faces no kind of reactions or irritation due to their use.
- They feature a ‘Softgrip Texture’ which allows thorough cleaning without causing any harsh reactions.
- These particular wipes are 20% thicker than the usual Pampers wipes so you don’t have to worry about getting your hands dirty or having to use multiple wipes at a time.
- Because they’re dermatologist-tested for sensitive skin, they can be used as baby hand wipes that can be used to clean the face too.
- The product contains no perfume which can sometimes act as an irritant.
- There is no dye, alcohol or other harmful chemicals that can harm your little one’s skin.
- The wipes are not biodegradable so you cannot flush them.
- These wipes pride themselves on being the number-one wipes in hospitals across the U.S.
- Ultra-sensitive and soft on your baby’s delicate skin.
- Free from perfume, alcohol, dye, and other potentially harmful chemicals.
- Gentle but firm material that gets the job done well.
- The new packaging makes it harder for parents to use.
While the wipes themselves are great to use for most parents and their children, a major complaint across the board is that the new packaging has removed the plastic resealable tab at the top of the pack. This makes it hard to use. While the features of the actual product make it stand out, this is a concern for busy parents, which is pretty much all parents.
Water, Butoxy PEG-4 PG-Amodimethicone, Coco-Glucoside, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Caprylyl Glycol, Malic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate).
- These baby wipes contain 99% water. But that is not all! The water that is used to manufacture them is triple-filtered to ensure that it is absolutely clean. This makes the wipes pure and gentle, similar to the all-natural cotton and water.
- The baby wipes are hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested, ensuring that they are safe for sensitive skin so that the baby does not feel any discomfort during use and after.
- Your baby’s skin remains moisturised because the wipes contain aloe and vitamin E, both of which reduce dryness and keep the baby’s skin healthy.
- These wipes don’t contain chemicals that are harmful for your child in any way. These include alcohol, paraben, phenoxyethanol, and MIT.
- While a pleasant fragrance can sometimes enhance the experience a customer has with a product, it not recommended when it comes to baby products. These wipes are also unscented to ensure that no reaction occurs with your baby’s skin.
- The easy-to-use flip-top packaging ensures that you can dispense the wipes with one hand.
- The product is not biodegradable.
- Great for sensitive skin.
- Ideal flip-top pack for multi-tasking parents.
- Free from harsh chemicals so your child’s skin remains protected.
- Some parents complain that the wipes are not strong enough for use and tear apart.
- Too dry for the liking of some users.
While some parents have had issues with the wipes being too dry or too thin, it is overall a great product for most other parents who have enjoyed using it. Sensitive, hypoallergenic, and natural, they are great at protecting your baby’s skin against harm.
Water, chamomilla recutita flower extract, vegetable oil, glycerin, lauryl glucoside, polyglyceryl-2-dipolyhydroxystearate, glyceryl oleate, dicaprylyl carbonate, sodium benzoate, citric acid, potassium sorbate, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, vacinnium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, nigella sativa (black cumin) seed oil, rubus idaeus (red raspberry) seed oil.
- These wipes are made with a formula that ensures they are hydrating and nourishing so that they are gentle enough to use on your baby’s hands and face, as well as for the purpose they are actually intended for.
- Created with ingredients derived from plants, it is safe to say that these wipes are natural, hence, good for your baby.
- A non-allergenic formula ensures that they do not cause your baby’s skin to develop rashes or any other painful conditions.
- They are paediatrician- and dermatologist-tested, giving you peace of mind.
- With a natural-seed oil blend, they keep your baby’s skin highly moisturised so that they do not have to face any sort of discomfort.
- These wipes are biodegradable.
- This product does not contain any parabens, sulfates, phthalates, artificial dyes, or fragrances.
- Highly suitable for sensitive skin.
- Powerful moisturising capability.
- Free from harmful additives.
- Some of the best baby face wipes.
- Some parents complain of a strong smell.
- Somewhat thinner than other variants.
Overall, this is a good solution for parents who want to make sure their baby’s skin remains unharmed and moisturised, that too at an affordable price. However, many people complain of a smell that puts them off the wipes so be mindful of that before you make the purchase.
Top Pick for Baby Wipes
Now that we have discussed some of the top baby wipes that are being sold in the market at present, it is time for us to come to a conclusion about which one might be the one for you. This, like with any product, is highly dependent on your preferences, your baby’s unique needs, and what exactly a particular product offers you.
For example, if you are a strong advocate of protecting the environment from harm, you will want to go for a pack of baby wipes that are biodegradable, have been created with a plant-based material, and for which the manufacturing process has been environmentally friendly. Similarly, if your baby has super sensitive skin and zero tolerance for any kind of unnecessary chemicals, you will want to go for the best natural baby wipes you can find.
Just like that, the size, strength, scent, feel, affordability, and many other factors have an effect on your purchasing decision and, at times, it can be hard to find the perfect product that meets all your needs without putting a hole in your pocket. In such a scenario, just list down all your requirements against everything the baby wipes are providing you with and you will be able to reach a decision with ease.
In spite of all that, we have picked out the baby wipes that we think are an all-round solution for the needs of most parents when it comes to diaper-changing time or any other time something needs to be wiped clean.
And the winner is…Bloom Baby Jumbo Sensitive Wipes! A product that checks out in all areas, this is the one we recommend you go for, even though it lies on the slightly more expensive end of the baby wipes spectrum.
Here’s why we think they are the best baby wipes:
- They have the biggest size of all the wipes, which makes cleaning all the more easy.
- They are hypoallergenic and free from all sorts of harmful chemicals, keeping your baby’s skin protected from rashes, redness, soreness, and so on.
- They are biodegradable and have a top-notch plant-based formula.
- They contain vitamins A, B-Complex, and D, keeping the skin moisturised.
- The baby wipes are unscented.
- They are some of the best organic baby wipes and, thus, not harmful for the environment, as well as being made in a factory powered by the wind.
Honestly, what more could you want?
Give the product a try and you will see for yourself why they are the best wipes for you!