The world is created in perfect balance.
And so are its processes, one of which includes the very miracle due to which the human race exists and expands…the ability of the human being to bring children into the world.
In the entire journey of pregnancy, childbirth, and beyond, there is a balance between the good and the bad; the easy and hard; the problem and the solution. Have a child that cries a lot? You have top-notch baby swings to solve that problem. Scared to leave the child alone in their room for too long? Baby monitors to the rescue. Worried about getting stretch marks as your belly grows? The best stretch mark cream in the market are just a few clicks away.
And that is just what we’re going to talk about today – creams that prevent stretch marks from forming or provide the best stretch mark removal. But before that,
What Exactly Are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. Your body goes through a massive change as your belly gets bigger and bigger to make room for your growing baby. Stretch marks are streaks on your skin, lines that form as your skin stretches and expands. They can be of different colours, intensities, and types, but have one thing in common – women don’t like them.
How Can You Avoid Them?
So, can stretch marks be removed? Well, no. But while stretch marks are pretty much permanent, there are ways to either prevent them or remove them to an extent where they are barely noticeable. We always say that prevention is better than cure. But that does not mean that if you did not quite manage to avoid stretch marks, you can’t get rid of them to a great extent. Want to know how to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy? Here are the steps you need to follow to ensure your skin remains healthy and beautiful!
- Maintain a Healthy Diet:
Take extra care of what you eat during your pregnancy. You should be eating things that keep your skin nourished. While you will already be eating some great things to ensure your baby gets all the nutrition he or she needs, you can incorporate foods that are rich in the following things to make sure your skin remains healthy:
- Vitamin A (e.g. carrots)
- Vitamin C (e.g. citrus fruits and potatoes)
- Vitamin D (e.g. vegetables with a lot of fibre)
- Vitamin E (e.g. almonds and peanuts)
- Zinc (e.g. nuts and beef)
- Omega 3 and 6 (e.g. fish and eggs)
On top of that, take charge of your diet such that you don’t put on any more weight than you need to. Because the more weight you gain, the greater the amount and intensity of the stretch marks.
- Keep Hydrated:
Drinking lots of water to keep your skin healthy is essential, pregnant or otherwise. So make sure you drink lots of water and other healthy liquids. If you are unable to drink a lot of water, try getting a large part of your liquid intake from citrus fruits and other fruits and vegetables with high water content.
- Use the Best Stretch Mark Cream when Pregnant:
Making use of creams that are made specially to prevent or remove stretch marks is a must. You may think it is not necessary but you will regret not using them – take our word for it. Pair the best stretch mark removal cream or oil with a normal moisturizing cream if you have to but make it a habit to use one at all costs. And we’ve dedicated the rest of the blog post to discuss the best ones in the market so don’t worry about which one to go for – we have you covered.
- Massage Your Skin:
Massaging your skin with oils or even with your chosen stretch mark cream during pregnancy will help you prevent stretch marks to a great extent.
- Avoid Chemicals:
Avoid products that contain a lot of chemicals or that dry out your skin because that is the complete opposite of what you are trying to do.
Now that we’ve discussed how you can prevent pregnancy stretch marks, let’s dive right into our top ten comparison table of which stretch mark cream is the best for you.
10 Best Stretch Mark Creams in 2021 – Quick Comparison:
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
10 Best Stretch Mark Creams in 2021 – Detail Reviews:
1. Belly Butter by Glow Organic – Best Cream for Stretch Marks:
Organic Shea Butter, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Macadamia Nut, Organic Grapeseed Oil, Organic Sweet Almond Oil.
Directions for Use:
Condition and promote the elasticity of your skin by applying and massaging the cream on it two times a day, morning and night. Do this daily.
- The 100% organic belly butter is made from all-natural ingredients.
- It is vegan and gluten-free.
- The product is cruelty-free – it is not tested on animals.
- It contains no toxic elements or irritants, including parabens, synthetics, dyes, phthalates, sulfates, or artificial fragrances.
- To be used during pregnancy and after.
While some women do not like the consistency of the cream and were unable to use it because of that, others have found it to be a game-changer and used it through their pregnancies and later on too. Made with all natural ingredients, it gives you the satisfaction that you are not putting anything dangerous on your skin and, thus, indirectly, into your body where your little human is growing. On top of that, it is cruelty-free, as well as free from all sorts of strong fragrances, putting your comfort first. All in all, the best cream for stretch marks that is organic in nature.
2. TriLASTIN Maternity – Perfect for Sensitive Skin:
Water, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, tribehenin peg-20 esters, butylene glycol, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, ethylhexyl stearate, tricaprylin, canola oil, squalane, stearic acid, dimethicone, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, benzyl alcohol, triethanolamine, polysorbate 80, isohexadecane, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate/acrylamide copolymer, carbomer, chlorphenesin, propylene glycol, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, dehydroacetic acid, xanthan gum, glycerin, anthemis nobilis flower oil, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, diethanolamine, fragrance, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit extract, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, yellow 5 (ci 19140)
Directions for Use:
Apply and massage the cream into the skin immediately after cleansing. You can use it as many times as you want.
- The cream contains naturally-sourced extracts and oils including those from vanilla, mango, orange and sugar cane, so that you have a pure experience.
- Keeps skin hydrated and elastic, while also preventing itching.
- It is hypoallergenic and free from parabens.
- It is enriched with antioxidants and fatty acids.
- It has a non-greasy formula.
While it is on the higher end of the price spectrum, this product does justice to its cost by doing what it promises and smelling great along the way. It keeps your skin moisturised and elastic, thus preventing stretch marks. On top of that, it also hypoallergenic and paraben-free, making sure it’s perfect for your sensitive skin. Overall, one of the best creams for stretch mark prevention.
3. Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Gift Set – Best Cream for Pregnancy:
Water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cetyl alcohol, prunus amygdalusdulcis (sweet almond) oil, sucrose stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, glycine soja (soybean) oil, simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) butter, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopherol, xanthan gum, lactic acid, magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryllaurate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sucrose polystearate, phenoxyethanol.
Leg and Foot Cream:
Water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, stearic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, mentol, sodium bicarbonate, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, petroselinum crispum (parsley) leaf oil, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel wax, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, sucrose stearate, xanthan gum, canola oil, sodium borate, alcohol, phenoxyethanol, limonene, linalool.
Cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene.
Directions for use:
Belly Butter –Apply and massage onto the belly to keep the stretching skin soft and healthy.
Leg and Foot Cream – Apply and massage onto the legs and feet for comfort and relief from all sorts of aches and pains.
Lip Balm – Apply to your lips as often as needed.
- Set contains three products for all-around care.
- Belly butter nourishes the stretched skin on your belly.
- Leg and Foot cream soothes those parts of your body so you can be at ease.
- Beeswax Lip Balm keeps the lips hydrated and soft.
- 99% natural products that help your skin retain moisture and look and feel healthy.
- Free from phthalates, parabens, petrolatum, and SLS.
When you are pregnant or have just given birth, you have tonnes of things to take care of and you look for ease in your life. In such a situation, gift packs like these are a godsend because you don’t have to choose and buy essential products separately. One of the best for sensitive skin, this brand makes sure your skin remains fresh and healthy by using natural, non-toxic ingredients and specially formulated formulae that give you the best experience.
4. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter – Best Stretch Mark Removal Cream:
Water (Aqua); Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract; Glycerin; Glyceryl Stearate; PEG-100 Stearate; Isopropyl Lanolate; Isopropyl Palmitate; Propylene Glycol; Dimethicone; Butylene Glycol; Lanolin Alcohol (Lanolin); Stearic Acid; Bentonite; Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter; Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum); Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina); Cetyl Alcohol; Stearyl Alcohol; Tocopheryl Acetate; Soluble Collagen; Hydrolyzed Elastin; Diazolidinyl Urea; Disodium EDTA; Methylparaben; Propylparaben; Caramel; Fragrance (Parfum)
Directions for Use:
Apply onto skin twice a day, focusing more on the areas that are prone to stretch marks, and massage.
- Cocoa butter and shea butter, as well as argan, almond, and coconut oils work together to keep the stretching skin soft and supple.
- Antioxidants Vitamin E and Lutein allow the skin to retain moisture and remain hydrated.
- Dermatologist-approved and hypoallergenic.
- The 48-hour moisturizing cream can be used on all areas prone to stretch marks, such as the tummy, hips, thighs, and bust.
- Safe and helpful for every type of skin.Does not contain any mineral oil, parabens or phthalates.
This is one of the best creams used to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy available in the market today. While it is created especially for pregnant women with stretching bellies, other people can also use it on various parts of the body. Made from natural and safe ingredients, it is hypoallergenic and safe for all skin types, making it one of the best creams for a massage.
5. Intensive Treatment – Award Winning Product:
Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol and Centella Asiatica extract and Siegesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Cetyl Esters, Acefylline and Methylsilanol and Mannuronate, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Peg-40 Stearate, Caprylhydroxamic Acid (and) Glyceryl Caprylate (and) Methylpropanediol, Grape Seed (Vitis Vinifera) Oil, Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Oil, Borage Seed (Borago Officinalis) Oil, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Rosehip (Rosa Mosqueta) Oil, Squalane Oil, Sodium Phytate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate (and) Propylene Glycol (and)Palmitoyl Oligopeptide), Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance.
Direction for Use:
Apply and rub onto areas with stretch marks and those prone to stretch marks twice a day.
- Award-winning product.
- Treats existing stretch marks while also preventing new ones from forming.
- Contains biopeptides to bring back your skin’s elasticity, darutoside (a blend of plant extracts) for collagen renewal to prevent stretch marks from appearing, and algisium-C to heal existing stretch marks.
- The product does not contain any parabens, phthalates, mineral oils, sulfates or artificial colours.
- Free from irritants and allergy-causing substances.
With an award-winning formula that is also a celebrity favorite, this cream contains a list of top-notch ingredients when it comes to keeping the skin nourished and healthy. You can use it to remove or prevent stretch marks but that does not apply to the belly only – it can be used anywhere on the body where the skin needs nourishment. All in all, this product is the best for intensive treatment.
6. Earth Mama Belly Butter:
Aloe barbadensis (organic aloe) leaf juice, Olea europaea (organic olive) fruit oil, Helianthus annuus (organic sunflower) seed oil, Kosher vegetable glycerin, Butyrospermum parkii (organic shea) butter, Olivoyl hydrolyzed oat protein, Cetearyl alcohol, Glyceryl oleate, Glyceryl stearate, Citrus sinensis (organic sweet orange), Aspalathus linearis (organic rooibos) leaf extract, Simmondsia chinensis (organic jojoba) seed oil, Calendula officinalis (organic calendula) flower extract, Borago officinalis (organic borage) seed oil, Rubus idaeus (organic red raspberry) seed oil, Citrus aurantium amara (neroli) oil, Vanilla planifolia (organic vanilla) fruit extract, Xanthan gum.
Directions for Use:
Apply onto stretch-mark-prone skin and massage daily for optimum results.
- Contains organic herbs and oils to ease the appearance of stretch marks that are starting to form.
- Natural scent that is easy on the heightened senses of pregnant women – contains no artificial perfumes.
- Dermatologist-tested and entirely safe. Clinically tested for irritation.
- Does not contain any mineral oil, petroleum, parabens or any other toxic elements.
- Can be used for stretch marks during pregnancy and otherwise.
Made with organic herbs and oils and formulated especially for stretch-mark prone, this belly butter is great. What sets it apart is that it does not contain any artificial perfumes and has a very natural scent – this ensures that pregnant women, with a heightened sense of smell and issues like morning sickness, for example, do not suffer unnecessarily. Free from irritants and harmful substances, it is great for most skins types but some users have complained of itching and rashes resulting from use so if you have super-sensitive skin, you may want to skip this one. For most people though, it is one of the best fragrance-free creams that does not put a hole in your pocket.
7. Bio-Oil Skincare Oil – Best Oil for Stretch Marks:
Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Paraffinum Liquidum, Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT, Bisabolol, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, CI 26100.
Directions for Use:
Take the oil onto the fingers and massage it onto the belly or other areas for 30 seconds or more. Do this twice daily. Do not use on broken skin.
- Award-winning oil.
- Recommended by dermatologists for stretch marks. Clinically proven to be effective.
- Hypoallergenic and suitable for use, no matter what kind of skin you have.
- Non-greasy formula that doesn’t block the pores.
- Can be used for a variety of purposes, including stretch marks, scars, ageing skin, dry skin, uneven skin tone, and much more.
When any product wins a lot of awards, you realise that there must be something special about it. And this cream is no different – with its exceptional formula that is hypoallergenic and suitable for your skin, no matter what kind, it leaves you astonished. What really sets it apart though is that it is not only effective for stretch marks on the belly but also has multiple other uses. It can, for example, be used to treat dry and ageing skin, as well as to fix an uneven skin tone. All in all, the most versatile product in the list that does not disappoint.
8. Botanic Tree – Stretch Mark Removal Cream:
Water, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Glycerides Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Cetearyl Glucoside Cera Alba, Cetyl Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil (and) Aloe Barbadensis Persea Gratissima (Avocado), Protein, Centella Asiatica Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexylglycerin Fragrance, Sclerotium Gum, Olive oil, Moringa, Xanthan Gum.
Directions for Use:
Apply onto the relevant area and massage into the skin twice a day. If you have sensitive skin, test the cream on the back of your hand before starting proper use.
- Prevents stretch marks and scars from forming, as well as removing them if they exist already.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Can be used during and after pregnancy.
- Organic extracts for a natural product that does not cause any harm.
- A hydrating formula that shows results after just 2 months of use.
- Best for pregnant women, while also highly suitable for those who have undergone noticeable changes in weight.
- The product is free from paraben.
With products that are made from natural ingredients, you can rest assured that you are not likely to face any irritation or allergies of any sort. That, paired with the fact that you can use it during the pregnancy to hydrate your skin and prevent stretch marks, while also having the option of using it afterward as a stretch mark removal cream keeps everyone happy. What’s more is that other people, such as those who have faced massive changes in their weight, for example, can use the product for effective results too. While it does cost a little more than the usual stretch mark cream, it really is one of the best high-end products available today, one that smells great too!
9. Palmer’s Skin Therapy Oil – Best Oil for Stretch Mark Removal:
Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E, Cetesomate-E, Sesame Oil, Canola Oil, Rosehip Oil (contains essential fatty acids, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A).
Directions of Use:
Apply the oil to the affected area and massage it in 3 times a day or according to your preferences.
- Lightweight formula that doesn’t feel heavy and sticky on the skin.
- Free from preservatives, mineral oil, phthalates, and parabens.
- Multiple uses, including improving the appearance of stretch marks, scars, damaged skin, ageing skin, dry skin, wrinkles, an uneven skin tone, and more.
- Suitable for pregnant women and the rest of the family.
- Top-notch formula that doesn’t stain and is non-greasy.
- Provides moisturising treatment.
- Promotes the rejuvenation of healthy skin cells.
With a top-notch formula and the fact that it is free from parabens, preservatives, and other toxic substances, this product checks out in all the right areas. Effective not just for stretch marks and scars but also to treat ageing, dry, and damaged skin, as well as to fix an uneven skin tone and more, it is a wonderful product that is an all-around solution for a lot of problems. This means that while it is perfect for you, a mommy-to-be, it can also be used by the rest of the family. Featuring a light, non-greasy formula that hydrates your skin well, it is probably one of the best oils you can use to prevent or remove stretch marks among many other things.
10. Mommy Knows – Stretch Mark Cream for Pregnancy & Scar Removal:
Water, Safflower Seed Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius), Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-6 Distearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, REGU-STRETCH 3% (Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Marrubium Vulgare Extract, Panthenol, Glycerin, Aqua, Pantolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate), Steraic Acid, C10-18 Triglycerides, Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycereth-2 Cocoate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Microcrystalline, Cellulose, Jojoba Seed.
Directions for Use:
Apply the cream onto dry, clean skin twice a day and massage it over the entire affected area.
- The clinically-proven formula of essential oils and vitamins that prevent and reduce stretch marks and scars.
- Can also be used to lighten age spots, freckles, and discolorations that are visible.
- Results in increased skin tightness and firmness, as well as elasticity.
- Deep-penetrating, hydrating formula. Retinol free.
A top-notch cream that promises results, this product is made from mostly natural ingredients that are essential for the hydration and repair of your skin and a formula that is clinically proven to be effective. This is one of the best stretch mark removal creams for old stretch marks and new ones during postpartum care, as well as for prevention during your pregnancy. But that’s not all – you can use it to fix many other issues too, such as spots, freckles, discoloration, lack of tightness and firmness in the skin, and much more. Give it a try – you will not be disappointed.
Top Pick – Best Stretch Mark Cream:
Here at 10BabyThings, we believe in suggesting to you the product that offers you the best value for money. While all these products are great – they made it to the list, didn’t they? – there is one that stands out as an all-around solution that we think is just great! And that is the Bio-Oil Skincare Oil! Why you may ask? Well, this award-winning oil has been clinically proven to be effective.
Dermatologist-recommended and suitable for all kinds of skin, it really does have a league of its own. But the most important thing is that while you can use it on your belly to prevent stretch marks, the rest of the family can use it too! It is highly hydrating and fixes issues like dry and damaged skin, an uneven skin tone, and much more. And all that at a great price! This is the best oil for stretch marks, hands down!
Give it a shot – you will not be disappointed.
And best of luck. Stay tuned for more blog posts that will be really helpful to you!