The Britax Marathon ClickTight Review is one of the more premium seats available on the market.
The company is known for producing high-quality, chic products.
The seat comes with some great features and will be useful for your baby from infancy to when they weigh about 65 pounds.
The Britax Marathon ClickTight has a good rating on various websites online and has largely positive reviews.
It does come with a steep price tag and we think that it is important for potential buyers to look into the seat and its features thoroughly before making a purchase decision.
One of the key features of this product is the use of ClickTight technology. This is supposed to make seat installation easier as compared to other seats that use the LATCH system. Below, we will take a look at the products key features that make it stand out.
Britax Marathon ClickTight Review Convertible Car Seat Features:
The Britax car seat line has some similar products. Be sure to check reviews online to see that you are looking at the Britax Marathon ClickTight in particular and not one of the product’s cousins. The different models vary in price and features. Let us break down the main features of the Britax Marathon ClickTight.
- One of the great things about the Marathon CT is that it has no seat belt lock-offs.
- The ClickTight system used in the Britax Marathon supersedes the LATCH system used in most other baby seats
- The Britax Marathon CT does not have seat belt lock-offs, which is great
- The Britax ClickTight is excellent in terms of safety and security. The seat is equipped with deep side-impact protection; has a sturdy steel-reinforced frame, and a base that is specially designed to absorb impact.
- The Britax Marathon has an adjustable 14-position harness. You do not need to rethread it when your baby goes through growth spurts.
- The Britax car seat has two positions for the crotch/buckle strap and an ingenious EZ Buckle System which makes it easier to place your child into the seat.
- The Britax ClickTight can be called the most comfortable car seat and has 7 recline positions
- The seat is approved by the FAA and has a sturdy, sophisticated design. It is made in the USA.
- For the Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible car seat, the recommended size and weight limits are as follows:
- The Weight range for the rear-facing mode: 5 to 40 pounds
- The Weight range for the forward-facing mode: 20 to 65 pounds
- Height range for forward-facing mode: 49 inches
- Shoulder height range for a seated child in rear-facing mode: 7.6 to 18.65 inches
- Shoulder height range for a seated child in forward-facing mode: 12 to 18.65 inches
- Minimum weigh recommended 5 pounds
- Maximum weight recommended 65 pounds
Britax Marathon Car Seat Dimensions and Vehicle Compatibility:
The best way to deduce whether or not the Britax Marathon car seat is suitable for your car or not, you will have to check the product’ s dimensions and then take measurement of your car’s back seat to see if this seat will be the right fit for your vehicle.
You may also have to take into account how much space the front passenger will have after the seat is installed. Other than that, the number of baby car seats you intend to have in the back seat is also worth noting.
Read more: Top 10 Best High Chairs of 2021
Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible car seat Weight and Dimensions:
- Britax car seat weighs 28.5 pounds
- The width of the seat at the widest point is 18.5 inches
- The depth of the product is 10.5 to 11.5 inches
- The car seat height is 23.5 inches
- Product dimensions are 18.5″ W x 23.5″ H x 23″ D
Check out our post on our pick of the best travel systems around.
Installing the Britax Marathon Convertible Car Seat, how hard is it?
Because of the ClickTight system, the Britax Marathon is considerably easier to install in comparison to other baby seats available on the market.
To lift the seat panel, all you have to do is push and turn one button and then thread the seat belt using the belt path.
The seat also comes with an auto-levels indicator and has multiple recline positions to choose from
It is important to mention here that the Britax Marathon ClickTight car seat cannot be installed with some vehicles and aeroplane seats that use inflatable seat belts.
Britax Marathon CLickTight Convertible Car Seat Pros and Cons:
Let us take a look at the product’s standout features and also learn about the things you should be wary of when considering buying the Britax Marathon car seat. Our brief list of pros and cons will help you decide if the Britax Marathon car is one of the best infant car seats available or not.
The Britax Marathon ClickTight car seat scores high points when it comes to safety and security. The seat has been crash-tested and is FAA approved. It has also proven itself in real-life crashes and that is one of the main reasons parents think it is a very reliable product.
The high price may be a bit of a deterrent if you are on the lookout for something that is more budget friendly. With that said, the Britax Marathon ClickTight car seat is still on the lower end of the price scale when it is compared to its own product line of baby car seats.
Overall, this is a great car seat and it really has some premium features that make it stand out. For interested buyers, we would recommend taking note of the dimensions of the car seat first to check if the Britax Marathon ClickTight is compatible with your vehicle because the seat is not the kind that fits in every car.