Infant Optics DXR-8 Troubleshooting | Common Problems & Solution
In this post, I’m going to explain some common problems that you experience in your Infant Optics device, along with some easy fixing steps. Don’t feel panic whenever you encounter any issues since I’m unlocking a detailed troubleshooting guide for your convenience.
Common Problems & their Solution – Infant Optics DXR-8 Troubleshooting:
Here are some of the most common problems that users face on a normal basis with Infant Optics DXR-8. We have explained them along with their solutions in the given below headings.
So, make sure to read all the malfunctioning errors and their possible solutions through the given guide. We are sure that it would help greatly in maintaining the accurate functionality of these DXR-8 devices.
Why is the Infant Optics monitor not working? The device battery, signal interference, connection range, and other monitor technical errors play a key role in this malfunctioning of such devices. But, you can easily overcome them by following the given below instructions.
Problem 1: Monitor Unit Won’t Turn On
Are you trying to turn on your monitor but are unable to do that? Is your monitor showing no sign of powering up? It is among the most common problems of infant optics. Here are some solutions which are causing this issue, and also you will check some quick fixes.
Solution: 1 (Power Off issues)
When your monitor doesn’t turn on, it is because your monitor unit or camera is turned off. For this purpose, we have discovered the four primary steps to overcome this issue, make sure to read all of them.
- On your Monitor unit, you can see a power button. Hold it for two seconds, and it will turn on.
- Still no power sign? Look for your power adapters. Are they properly connected? If not, then join them, and your monitor will turn back on.
- In case adapters are connected, then your battery needs either charging or replacement.
- On your Baby monitor’s camera, check for an on/off switch. Sometimes, the switch is off. If that is the case, then flip it on the “On” side.
Solution: 2 (Faulty Battery)
Sometimes, you are unable to turn on the Infant optics baby monitor troubleshooting options because of its battery. Therefore, you need to check it carefully. Here are some of the basic steps that you can follow to overcome this specific problem.
- Look at your battery, it must be entirely inside the port and connected with three yellow, red and black wires.
- In case the battery is connected correctly, the next thing to do is to charge it. Connect the monitor unit with a power socket.
- If the battery is connected and charged, but you can’t turn on your Infant Optics DXR-8, then your battery is defective, and a new one should replace it. Buy a new battery that is designed for this baby monitor.
Solution: 3 (Battery not charging)
If your unit’s battery is not charging, then there are some Solutions behind this issue.
- Open your monitor and check whether the battery pack is entirely connected inside the battery compartment or not. If it is not connected, then you need to do a reconnection. Connect the wire tab of the battery; it is good to see the battery guide for quick reference.
- Next, you need to see whether the USB output adapter is connected in the right way to the monitor unit.
- You can replace an old USB power cable with the new one. Sometimes, your baby monitor is not charging because of a crack or damaged cable.
Solution: 4 (Charge loss)
You can fix this problem with the Infant Optics DXR-8 battery reset option. It means removing the battery from the device. Keep it in the air for half an hour. Now put it back into its place.
Sometimes the battery cells also get expired so, make sure to check them too and replace them in case their limit has been exceeded. You can use any normal-range cells for them, but, the better the cell quality, the more accurate and perfect will be the device functionality will be.
Solution: 5 (Bad Display)
You don’t like it when you have a bad display. Here is how to fix it.
- Look at your power code. See whether it is connected to the camera and power socket correctly or not. When the connection is proper, then either your monitor unit or camera is faulty.
- Sometimes the optical lens of the camera requires some cleaning. It might be dirty which it is showing an unclear picture and some spots or marks on the display. Perform a quick clean-up operation on it.
How to pair Infant Optics to a Camera? It is another frequently asked question by our clients. Be sure to start with a range limit of fewer than 800 feet between these two items. Press and hold the pair button for three seconds, and you will notice a red light in such DXR-8 machines.
Once the connection is established between the Camera and the Infant DXR-8 device the flashing will stop. In case the devices are not paired, you have to reset both of these items for proper action.
Problem 2: Distorted/No Audio
It is another common occur problem with infant optics DXR-8 manual monitors. You are unable to listen to clear sound through the Monitor Unit. Let’s find some reasons for causing this problem and explore their solutions.
Solution: 1 (Audio issues)
- Sometimes, you are not getting any audio because you forget to turn its volume on or set the volume to a high level. Do it now, in case you forget before.
- Perform a volume test. First, listen to audio at close range and then at a long distance. When you experience audio distortion in the long-range, then it means there is a reception interference.
- You can change the volume. For this purpose, you need to press Menu Button left or right button, you will see that the volume icon appears, now press the up or down button. You can increase or decrease the volume until it reaches your desired audio level.
Solution: 2 (Faulty speakers)
In case you are getting audio distortion even when you are listening in a close range then there your speakers are broken. All you need to do is to replace the old speakers with new ones.
In case of no sound feature, you can easily add additional speakers to these DXR-8 machines to produce high-quality audio or sound through them.
Problem 3: Reception Interference
This problem arises when you try to create a connection between your monitor unit and camera unit, but things are not working in your favor.
Solution: 1 (Weak Signals)
Bad reception is much time caused by a weak signal. Let’s fix this error.
- Check the distance between the camera and the monitor unit. Sometimes, they are set far from each other, and therefore you can’t connect them quickly.
- Let’s suppose you put them in close range, still a connection issue? It is because your battery power is too low. Charge it.
- The battery is fully charged, camera and monitor units are in a close-range setting, why there is a connectivity problem? In those cases, some other electronic devices are causing signal interference. Make sure you put them away from the camera and monitor unit. And they should be turned off until you connect both devices.
Solution: 2 (Video Malfunctions)
The most annoying problem you face with these kinds of best baby monitors is a rough video. Don’t feel bad. There is a solution. Try the following steps to fix this problem,
- Make sure the antenna position on your camera is vertical so that you can get the best quality signal and good quality video.
- If you plan to set up a camera and monitor unit far away, then it is suggested to replace your antenna with a reliable signal device.
- When you have other 2.4 GHz products in a room where you set either Camera or Monitor unit, then they ultimately cause interference. Make sure you keep your monitor and camera unit at least 5 or 6 feet away from such devices.
Solution: 3 (Loud Beeping Noise)
Many times, I heard mothers complaining that a loud, beeping noise is coming from the infant baby monitor. They don’t like it and want a quick fix.
- Fortunately, the new version of Infant Optics DXR-8 has fixed this issue.
- If you have an old version of the monitor, then you must know the reasons for this sound. This beeping sound is caused by different situations such as when camera and monitor units are set far away, or they go out of range when the alarm ring sends an alert, and especially when you have a low battery.
Solution: 4 (Night Vision Errors)
Night vision LED light automatically turns on when the monitor has a low level of ambient light in the background. In case it doesn’t work, then you can try two solutions.
- Make sure that the surrounding environment of the monitor but have a low level of constant ambient light.
- If the problem doesn’t go away, then you need to turn on the room lights. It will grab the monitor out of the night vision. Now turn off the fire and see whether night vision activates the LED light turns on.
Problem 4: Buttons Malfunction
Sometimes, you are trying to control some functions on the monitor, but its button doesn’t work properly, or they don’t connect to the device. Let’s find some reasons behind this problem, along with its best solutions.
Solution: 1 (Stuck Buttons)
- Some things like dust particles, food particles, etc. may get stuck in the prevention. Therefore, buttons are not functioning in the way they should be.
- Turn off your screen and clean your buttons.
Solution: 2 (Button usage)
If you are pressing the buttons, but they are not performing their tasks, then here is how you can fix it.
- Make sure the monitor is turned on.
- The monitor is on, but still, the buttons are not connecting. Your device buttons are faulty.
Infant Optics DXR-8 Repairing Factors:
As we all know Troubleshooting only determines the errors within the functionality of such devices, but the preparing term allows them to perform once again with pace, accuracy, and perfection.
From their screen sensors to night vision and from their lens system to the temperature measurement, we have found the best steps to make such machines highly functional.
Here are some of the best factors that can easily be replaced in such technical machines. These include Monitor & Camera Motherboards, Display Screens, speakers, Charging pots, Internal components, lenses, and Power Buttons. We have explained all Infant Optics DXR-8 Repair and replacement steps in our related article.
FAQ’s about Infant Optics DXR-8 Troubleshooting:
Ensure that both units are disconnected from the battery and electrical power before resetting them. Reconnect after about 15 seconds.
Verify that both the Monitor Unit and the Camera are turned on. Turn on the Monitor Unit by holding down the power button for two seconds (the LED indicator should show power on). Verify that the power adapter is connected properly. It may be necessary to recharge or replace the battery if the problem persists.
Baby monitors from Infant Optics can be reset easily. To reconnect the power sources, disconnect the batteries and electrical power from both units, then wait about 15 seconds before reconnecting them. If you are experiencing any issues with your monitor, this will reset it.
I hope that you can fix some typical troubles with the Infant Optics DXR-8 troubleshooting guide that we have explained with the solution steps. Moreover, we have also provided a repair guide for the major contributing factors of such technical machines.
In case you are still, facing some other problems not explained in the post? Feel free to ask; we are always ready to offer you our helping hand. In the end, we hope that you would like this article and the information we have delivered through it.