Don’t throw away your old Phone because I’m going to tell you how to use the phone as a baby monitor. Many of us don’t think of any reasonable use of an old phone, but what could be more useful than to turn it into a baby monitoring device.
Why use Old Phone as a Security Camera?
Do I need a baby monitor? Time to know some reasons:
- It is free of cost creative idea which works
- You don’t need to bear any baby monitor cost
- Portable, take it with you during travel
- No need to buy extra stuff
How to Make Cell Phone Baby Monitor?
You need two phones for setting a fully functional baby monitoring device.
- One phone will work as a parent unit.
- Make sure that the Phone has a mute and speaker option.
- The second Phone will act like a child unit. For this purpose, use any phone as a baby monitor.
- Make a call from your child unit phone to your parent unit.
- Activate mute and speaker option on your smartphone.
- Make sure you have a smooth call connection.
- Keep the Phone beside you all the time, and that’s it.
When you do it right, this device will function like infant optics dxr-8 video baby monitor.
Turn Your Old Phone Into a Baby Monitor with a Free App
- Again you need two phones to create a long-range baby monitor device.
- Fortunately, you don’t have to pay to make a call from your old Phone because you will create a connection between both phones via Wi-Fi and internet connection.
When you have a plan to set up a baby monitor for twins, then you will need three phones. Two will work as child units and one as a parent monitoring device.
- Install free baby monitor apps on both phones.
- Go to the security feature of the app and turn on privacy.
- Set up a mobile phone at the right angle and position in your baby nursery.
- Connect it to an outlet and set up Wi-Fi.
Use Phone as Baby Monitor Via Skype
Don’t know the best uses of old smartphone? Turn them into a baby monitoring device.
- Two old smartphones.
- Internet connection
- Skype app
- Download Skype on both smartphones.
- Make two different accounts.
- An old phone which is working as a child-unit doesn’t know how to accept the call. Set it up in a way that it takes video calls automatically.
- Launch and test Skype sessions.
- You are ready to use the old Phone as a baby monitor.
What do I like about Skype’s baby monitor?
- I can hear and watch my baby free of cost. It works far better than the voice-activated baby monitor.
- The connection is smooth.
- My baby can also watch and hear me.
3 Free Baby Monitor Applications
We are using old phones to avoid any cost of a baby monitor.
So, here is some free baby monitor app which you can install on your devices.
- Faebr baby monitor
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi App Box
- Third Eye
How do I use my Phone as a Child Unit?
Get a good tripod or stand where you can put your Phone, and it won’t knock off easily.
Make sure wherever you set up a phone, it has a nearby outlet. So, you can plug in your baby monitor to it.
Don’t mount your Phone on your baby’s crib.
You can either place it on a shelf or mount it wherever you like through a universal mount.
Is it Safe to use Old Smartphone as a Baby Monitor?
It is okay to question the security of a monitor phone because you will have live streaming at your hand.
There is a risk that hackers can hack the Internet-connected baby monitor.
Fortunately, it is very safe to phone as a baby monitor because:
- You can set up a robust password on your Skype and Baby Monitoring app.
- When you compare a phone with a baby monitor, the latter has very sophisticated security standards.
- It’s possible to set a difficult-to-guess home Wi-Fi password.
Is it Harmful to Use Phone as a baby monitor?
Parent like me feels paranoid whenever they consider the harmful effect of the signal transmitted by a cellphone baby monitor.
Before writing this guide about the best baby monitor, I did some research on the fact of whether it is harmful to turn the phone into a baby monitor or not.
During my research, I found out that any wireless device, whether it is an actual baby monitor or Phone as a baby monitor, is harmful to the babies.
But it doesn’t mean to stop using a baby monitor.
It means to handle things in the right way.
You can avoid harmful effects by maintaining a safe distance between the cellphone baby monitor and the baby.
Don’t put a cellphone, laptop, or any other wireless device in the baby’s crib. Don’t use devices 24/7.
When you are not monitoring your baby, turn it off.