How to link VTech baby monitors is easy if you know the steps.
Find out how to link your VTech baby monitor in simple steps by reading on.
Related: 10 Best Baby Monitor
VTech Baby Monitors are compatible with the following parent units:
Start by making sure both units are on and powered up.
Using the parent unit, hold the blue “Parent” button for at least 5 seconds.
Once the child unit is ready, press and release the “Baby” button. As a result, the two units will be connected by RF (radio frequency).
It is now possible to use them as a unit once they have been linked together. Neither the “Parent” nor the “Baby” buttons need to be constantly pressed.
VTech baby monitor unlinking instructions
The two units can be unlinked by pressing and holding the Parent button again until it turns red.
Disconnect the two units by pressing and releasing the Baby button on the child unit.
In case you need to reconnect the units later, you may want to write down their settings.
The VTech Baby Monitor – How to Set It Up
The child unit’s screen will appear on the parent unit after connecting the two units.
Child unit only needs to be configured now.
The child unit has a row of buttons up top that can be pressed and held. There should be a setup menu available.
Choose “Setup” from the list at the bottom.
You can select “Linked Mode” by scrolling down to the bottom of this page.
Only the parent unit can be used to control the child unit.
Choose an option from the following:
- Turn off the child unit by pressing and holding the Parent button.
- While watching the display on the parent unit, hold any button on the child unit to mute/unmute the sound. The volume bar on the parent unit can be adjusted by scrolling up and down.
- The child unit can be paused/resumed by pressing any button on its display after pressing and releasing the Parent button on the parent unit.
- You can switch from audio to video mode by pressing and quickly releasing the Parent button on either unit.
- You can return to the home screen by pressing and quickly releasing the Child button twice on the child unit.
By pressing and holding the Parent button on the parental unit, you can reset the child unit if it is accidentally left in linked mode.
What you need to know about linking Vtech baby monitors to smartphones
Whether you are using an iOS or Android device, the VTech Baby Monitor is a great baby monitor. It’s easy to set up, and it’s intuitive to use.
You must first know some things if you wish to use the app on your smartphone instead of the device.
In this article, we will show you how to connect your iPhone or iPad to the VTech Baby Monitor.
What are the benefits of monitoring your phone?
It may be more convenient to use your phone as a monitor rather than an actual device for several reasons:
From anywhere in the house, you can access the app’s features. If you want to make sure everything is okay, you don’t have to be near the baby monitor.
A camera feed can be viewed without connecting to a monitor at any time. It is easy to fix anything wrong by pulling out your phone.
It’s easy to find the cord since your phone is always nearby.
App Linking with VTech Baby Monitors
You need to download the free VTech Baby monitor app on your iPhone or iPad before you can link it to the device. The VTech Baby Monitor can be added once the app is installed by tapping “Add New Device.”.
To connect the VTech Baby Monitor to your wireless network, enter the Wi-Fi password. Password 123456 is the default. Continue by tapping OK.
A new screen should appear now.
Start monitoring by tapping the blue button.
It’s all done. With the VTech Baby Monitor app for iPhone or iPad, you can view the live video feed. Find out how you can control your VTech Baby Monitor in the following sections.
Options for controlling the VTech baby monitor
With the VTech Baby Monitor app, you can control your device from any iOS device, including iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.
- Upon pressing and holding the power button, the LED indicator should light up.
- Release the power button once the LED light turns green.
- You will now be able to turn off the monitor. Follow these steps again to turn it back on.
- The volume can be adjusted using the buttons on the side. Volume can be increased or decreased by pressing both buttons simultaneously.
- The channel button can be changed by holding it down until a new number appears.
- You can cycle through the four different views by pressing and holding each of the four buttons (night vision, day vision, and infrared).
- When the LED indicator blinks red, hold the Sleep button for a few seconds.
- The baby monitor will now be in sleep mode. The monitor will wake up automatically if you press the Sleep button again.
- The Sleep button must be pressed and held again to exit sleep mode.
You must change the settings before putting the monitor to sleep if you want to make changes while it is asleep.
How to Link VTech Baby Monitor to Camera BM3300
Even when the VTech Baby Monitor isn’t connected to a TV or computer, you can still view the nursery with the built-in camera.
VTech Baby Monitor app must be installed on your iPhone or iPad in order to view the camera feed.
- Here is the iOS app for VTech Baby Monitor.
- You can launch the app by tapping the “+” symbol located at the bottom left corner after it is downloaded.
- You can choose from VTech Baby Monitors.
- You will be prompted to enter your password for your Wi-Fi connection.
Here are the instructions for setting up your VTech Baby Monitor if you haven’t already.
Now that the VTech Baby Monitors are set up, you can view the camera feed through the app.
Adjustments can also be made using the app. The app lets you adjust the temperature if, for instance, it’s too cold in the room.
VTech DM111 Baby Monitor Linking Instructions
You can talk directly to your child with the VTech Baby monitor DM111 due to its integrated speakerphone.
During naptime or while your child is sleeping, you can speak with them via speakerphone.
A speakerphone can be used with your smartphone or tablet once the monitor has been paired with it. Any Bluetooth-enabled device can be linked in the same way.
- Your mobile device must be running the VTech Baby Monitor App.
- You’re in the home screen, so tap the “+” icon.
- Click on Add Device.
- From the list of available devices, choose VTech Baby Monitor DM111.
- Tap Save to save your Wi-Fi info.
The pairing should have been successful. Speakerphones are now available.
What you need to do to link the VTech Baby Monitor DM221
On your mobile device, download the SmartThings app to connect the VTech Baby Monitor D221 to SmartThings. Go to the home screen and tap the gear icon.
Click Continue after entering the device’s name (e.g., VTech Baby Monitor).
From the list of available options, select the VTech Baby Monitor.
Click OK after entering your Wi-Fi information.
Before connecting the VTech Baby Monitor to SmartThings, make sure it is turned on.
Once connected to your network, it should automatically turn on. When the LED lights start flashing, press the power button on the back of the unit.
VTech Baby Monitors are automatically added to SmartThings accounts once they are turned on.
DM1111 VTech Baby Monitor Linking Instructions
You receive both the baby monitor and the base station with the VTech Baby Monitor.
There is no need to manually link the two units since they share the same Wi-Fi connection. You can do so, however, by following these steps:
- Tap the “Add Parental Unit” option in the VTech Baby Monitor application on the base station.
- Open the VTech Parental Unit application on the parent unit and tap ‘Parental Unit’.
- To link your parent unit, tap “Link Parental Unit”.
- Provide the parent unit’s IP address.
- Connect by clicking the button.
Ensure that the base station is within range of the parent unit. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access the link.
The parental unit should be linked if everything goes smoothly.
Linking the VTech VM5251 Baby Monitor
Parents can communicate with their children through the built-in microphone and speaker on the VTech Baby Monitor VM5251.
It is necessary to pair the VTech Baby Monitor V M5251 with its parent unit in order for this to work.
- You’ll need the VTech Parental Units App to start. Tap “Parental Unit” in the app.
- You’ll then see “Connect Parental Unit”.
- You might have to enter the VTech Baby Monitor’s IP address. Put the Parental Unit’s IP address in the box.
- Let’s confirm the pairing by pressing the green button.
In the Parental Units section of the app, the VTech Baby monitor will appear after pairing is complete. VTech Baby Monitors are easy to use.
The VTech VM3251 Baby Monitor can be linked using the following instructions:
Parents can talk to their children using the built-in mic and speaker on the VTech Baby monitor VM3251. A parent unit is also required to pair with the VTech Baby Monitor VM3251.
The VTech Baby Monitor must be connected to its parent unit according to the instructions below.
- Using your mobile device, download VTech Parental Units App. You can access parental units by clicking the “Parental Units” tab on the app’s main page.
- You can add a parental unit by tapping the “Add Parental Unit” button. You will be asked to enter the VTech Parental unit’s IP address or MAC address in a pop up window.
- Fill in the IP or Mac addresses of your VTech parent unit. Save your settings by clicking OK.
VM3251 is now ready for regular use.
VTech VM320 Baby Monitor Linking Instructions
Bluetooth connectivity has been added to the VTech Baby monitor Vm320.
VTech baby monitors don’t need to be connected to their parent units anymore. Your VTech Baby monitor just needs to be updated with the latest firmware.
Using SmartThings to link your VTech Baby Monitor vM320
On the mobile device, download the SmartThings APP. You can choose the VTech Baby Monitor from the list of devices on the top menu bar once the tool has been installed. You can now add SmartThings to your home.
With the SmartThings application, you will be able to control all features of the VTech Baby Monitor.
Alexa Integration with VTech Baby Monitors
Alexa offers a host of smart home services, including asking questions about your child’s health, playing music, controlling smart home devices, and more. Say “Alexa” followed by your question.
Alexa can answer questions such as “What time is my baby awake?” or “What song is playing in the background?”.
Amazon Echo Dot can be linked to your VTech Baby Monitor. Your Amazon Echo Dot can now be equipped with your VTech Baby Monitor by following the instructions below.
Your Amazon Echo Dot can be connected to the VTech Baby Monitor. Ensure that both devices are within range of one another.
- By saying “Alexa”, open the Skills menu on your Amazon Echo Dot.
- “Enable Skill” should be selected.
- Look under the Health & Wellness category for “Vtech Baby Monitor”.
- Choose the skill you wish to learn.
- Once the setup process has been completed, follow the prompts.
Google Assistant Integration with VTech Baby Monitors
The following steps will guide you through setting up your VTech Baby Monitor with Google Assistant:
- Sign into your Google Account and download the Google Home app.
- Click on the Search bar and type “VTech Baby Monitor”.
- You can choose from VTech Baby Monitors.
- Tap Connect after entering your Wi-Fi information.
- This step will need to be repeated if you have more than one VTech Baby Monitor.
- A confirmation tone may be heard after a successful connection.
IFTTT Linking the VTech Baby Monitor
Create free IFTTT recipes to automate your life according to events that happen.
Your baby might wake up or your dog might bark if you’re traveling out of town, for instance.
Use the VTech Baby Monitor to create an action recipe. Besides recipes for compatible products, you can also create your own.
- Go to the Recipes tab on the IFTTT website once you’ve logged in.
- Create a new recipe by clicking here.
- You can track events by typing their names (like Wake Up).
- Start adding triggers by clicking Add Trigger.
- Fill out the URL for each trigger.
- It’s up to you whether you use HTTP or HTTPS.
- Once the event happens, add what you want to happen.
- A timer, a text message, or turning off the light could be the action.
- Go to the recipe and click Save.
- Add more VTech Baby Monitors by repeating Steps 4 through 8.
Using Apple HomeKit with a VTech Baby Monitor
The Apple HomeKit is a free application that allows you to control smart home devices using Siri voice commands from anywhere. Lights can be switched on, doors can be locked, and thermostats can be adjusted with these commands.
VTech Baby Monitors can be added to the HomeKit system by connecting them to your Wi-Fi network. You can then install the VTech Baby Monitor app from the iOS App Store.
- At the bottom left corner of the screen, launch the app and tap the plus (+) symbol.
- If you wish to add a VTech Baby Monitor model, tap the Plus button next to it.
- The screen will display instructions for you to follow.
Recently, VTech released a smart home camera, which is the company’s newest smart home device.
The convenience of checking on your kids while you’re away from home has many people concerned about their safety.
This VTech Smart Home Cam is great for those who want to keep an eye on their kids. Keeping an eye on their kids without being physically present is possible.
A new line of cameras from VTech called the VTech Baby Monitor has recently been introduced. Even if parents are not nearby, these monitors allow them to keep track of their newborns and toddlers’ activities.
VTech Baby Monitor provides night vision, motion detection, and a speakerphone in addition to monitoring.
There are three different models of the VTech Baby Monitor. Three types of models: standard, deluxe, and premium.
Some similarities between these three models, but each of them offers some unique features as well.
A 2.4 GHz wireless transmitter and receiver are included in the standard version of the VTech Baby Monitor. This allows the camera to be placed anywhere within range of the transmitter.
This receiver fits in cribs, playpens, and bassinets, so it’s perfect for nurseries.
Due to its lack of mounting hardware, it can also serve as a security camera.
This VTech Baby Monitor Deluxe Version adds a few extra features. The first thing you’ll notice is that it features a panoramic viewfinder in 3D.
By looking through the camera, parents can see what their children see. As well as the digital zoom lens, this device offers a 4x optical zoom.
Seeing your child on a screen is much worse than seeing him or her live.
VTech monitors are available in Premium Versions that add a variety of additional features. A night light is included as a first feature.
Giving babies something to focus on during the night, helps keep them calm. A 5x digital zoom lens is also included.
As a result, parents can see their sleeping children more closely without having to zoom in too closely.
A speakerphone is also included. Without disturbing their children, parents can speak directly to them.
A one-year warranty is included with the VTech Monitors. In the event that your unit experiences any problems, please contact customer service right away.
The issue will need to be documented along with proof of purchase.
FAQs about VTech baby monitors
The VTech baby monitor I’m trying to connect is not working. How should I proceed?
Connect both units to a wall outlet and ensure they are both turned on. Restart the devices after that. Battery charges should also be checked.
The baby monitor I bought from VTech doesn’t work. How should I proceed?
The first step is to ensure that both units have been installed properly. Check to see if there is a problem with your network connection. As the last step, ensure that there is enough power in the battery.
My VTech baby monitor does not respond when I press the Parent button, what to do?
It is important to press the Parent button all the way down on the monitor. Don’t forget to check your display.
The best baby monitor available today offers excellent sound quality and is a great choice for parents looking for a great baby monitor. The system is easy to use, affordable, and reliable. These monitors are definitely worth considering for parents who love technology.
How to link VTech baby monitors will be explained in this guide. The best way to enjoy your baby is to watch her all the time.